Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Settling In

Now we're really settling in. On Friday, I got my license plate, which says "Beautiful British Columbia." It was very exciting to finally have a license plate.
I now have insurance in New York and British Columbia because I can't cancel my insurance there until the state provides me with proof that British Columbia destroyed my license plate.
And the next part of settling in... Our goods arrived today. They arrived on four very tall skids. Our boxes were inside a giant box with the thickest cardboard I've ever seen.
Because we had everything in boxes, I used a cargo shipper, not a regular mover. It was so much cheaper. They actually shipped very quickly after I had finalized everything. It just took me a while to finalize everything because we had so much else going on.
In other news, I'm doing some freelance for the Associated Press.
I've also been tutoring in the SAT.
We've also been very busy doing extra work. We were on the set of The L Word a lot last week. It's the last season of the show.
We were also extras a movie called Trust a week ago.
So we've been very, very busy.
Now with our stuff arriving, it's going to be crazy here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post some L-Word info. How was the set? How was the cast? What scenes were you in? L-Word junkies are in WITHDRAWAL, Please.

squirrelmama said...

You are settling in but....."on the skids?" No, that can't be. Even with all those boxes and skids of your stuff surrounding you, I think you are about as far from "Skid Row" as can be.
Now how about a photo of that nice license plate? You used to have NYP plates....do you think you'll ever be able to get BCP plates?