Sunday, November 2, 2008

Electoral Map

I've been following the election from afar. It's very exciting. A bunch of us will go to a bar on Tuesday to watch the election results together. I've never been into Monday night football, as much as it is fun to watch football players in those tight uniforms. But I'll be glued to the TV for Tuesday's night election results.


As for the electoral map, here are my guesses on the toss-up states.

Missouri is a toss-up state. I've lived there. Though Obama has made a hard push there, I believe it's still a red state; McCain gets the show-me state.

Indiana might be turning blue, but it's not there yet. I give that state to McCain, too.

Ohio and Pennsylvania have been hard-hit by the bad economy. I believe they're going to go for Obama.

I've left two as toss-ups at this point. I've lived in North Carolina, and I have a feeling it's going to be a very close race. Florida will be a very, very close race, too. If I had to pick at this point, I'd give North Carolina to McCain and Florida to Obama.

I'll also note that I'm uncertain about Nevada, Colorado and Virginia being in the Obama-leaning side, but I left them that way.


Here's my prediction as of Sunday night.


Obama from 311 to 353 electoral votes

McCain from 185 to 227 electoral votes


Here's my electoral map projection.

You can make your own electoral map.








1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

I would be amazed if Florida goes for Obama. Except for Miami-Ft.Lauderdale, it's a very red state.