Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Intro

This is a blog about two guys leaving family and friends in the United States so they can get legally married in Canada. I'm Rich. My fiance is Luis. He's awesome, and anyone who has met him will attest to that, including, probably, one of his ex-boyfriends from years ago, who recently made contact with him through Facebook. :) That's OK. He's only a few thousand miles away in Colombia.
I said, "You can't be friends with your ex." Of course I was joking because two of my ex-boyfriends were invited to our May 31, 2008, commitment ceremony, and one showed up.
Anyway, I quit my job on March 11. And we sold the house, too, all in preparation for our move to Vancouver, where we have no place to live (yet) and no job (yet).
But that can wait. First we're going to get married in Victoria, BC, on July 4, in front of, well, no one we know. My friend Joe, who was going to come, couldn't make it. The owners of the lovely Bed & Breakfast will be our witnesses. On July 6, we head to Vancouver, where we'll be staying with a nice guy we met thru www.couchsurfing.org. Don't worry, Mom, he's a nice gay activist with good ratings on the site. It's like eBay. Everyone has ratings. He's going to show us around Vancouver. Luis and I will find a rental apartment, hopefully in downtown Vancouver with enough room for guests, hoping that those with fear of flying overcome that fear to make an awesome trip to a beautiful city. It's never to late to overcome fear!
Then on July 11 we fly to Toronto, where we'll meet my two brothers and my niece, who will have my car packed with our camping equipment. The five of us will visit Niagara Falls and Toronto. Luis and I will be staying with Colombian friends who live in Toronto.
Then Luis and I will head east to Montreal. He also has a friend there. Then we'll head west, camping along the way before arriving back in Vancouver in the beginning of September.

No comments: