Friday, July 11, 2008

First afternoon in Toronto

We arrived in Toronto this afternoon via WestJet. We are staying at the home of Luis´friends Oscar and Adriana, whom Luis knows from college. Both of them are doctors, and they have two kids. Adriana´s brother and father are here, too. We spent the afternoon walking around High Park, which is down the block from them. Tomorrow we´re going to Niagara Falls to meet my two brothers, Glenn and Steven, who drove my car up here. I hope my niece Michele wants to see Toronto so we can hang out here.
Colombians like to party late into the night. We´re a bit beat after a long day of travel, but they´re serving us alcohol and putting on some Colombian music. What the hell! We´re on vacation.

1 comment:

squirrelmama said...

Let the vacation begin!! I hear that Toronto is considered a suburb of Detroit but I think that is only the opinion of people who live in Detroit and wish they lived in Toronto!