Friday, July 11, 2008

Toronto

We're in the airport heading to Toronto. Time for some observations...
  • This city has amazing views from many different vantage points.
  • Whenever you tell someone that you love this city, he or she says, "Wait until winter." That's when the rain comes. The joke is that it only rained two times last year: The first time for three months and the second time for four months.
  • Canadians are proud to be Canadian.
  • The beer here is real beer, not like American beer-flavored seltzer
  • Canadians, in line with much of the world, don't like George W. Bush. I heard a good joke, which I'll shorten and modify it for print. Bush is in the Green Zone in Iraq. The entire building shakes. Bush is told that a bomb blasted. "Was anyone killed?" he asks. "Yes, one Brazilian." Bush has a look of shock on his face. Then he asks, "How many million are in a Brazilian?"
  • Canadians seem to balance security and freedom well. Plane passengers are throughly checked but don't have to take off your shoes.

2 comments:

squirrelmama said...

ROTFL on the Bush joke. Clearly you are in the right country, I doubt he'd ever have gotten re-elected there. I'd heard the joke before but it sounds funnier when you tell it with your newfound Canadian accent! :-)
Have a great flight, enjoy your reunion with your car (which I hope is all tuned up and ready to roll)

Richard said...

My Dad brought the car in with the list of checkups Rod gave me. Thanks a bunch! I´m sure it´ll be in great shape.